Saturday, January 26, 2008

A New Job!

As many of you know, I am completing my graduate degree in Deaf Education and Hearing Science at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.
Last semester, I completed an internship at Sunshine Cottage School for Deaf Children. During my internship, I worked in the Parent/Infant program. This program focused on helping children from birth to 3 years of age and their families. The Parent/Infant program helps infants, who are diagnosed with a hearing loss, to hear and speak. It was an amazing program to be a part of and I really enjoyed my time there.
However, the good news is that I was just hired as a part-time, parent/infant advisor for the rest of this school year. The program has an abundance of families on their roster and needed to hire an additional person for the rest of this school year....and they chose me! So, I'll be working at the school for two days a week while Brett & Kiley are at Pre-School.
This is a great opportunity for me to apply what I have learned. Plus, I'll be working with many experienced professionals who will be a great resource during the first few months. My past teaching experience will no doubt be of help. However, there is always a learning curve with any new job.
If you want to read more about Sunshine Cottage School or the Parent/Infant Program, please visit the following website. :)
http://www.sunshinecottage.org/EducationalPrograms/ParentInfantProgram/Default.aspx

1 comment:

Jcbaron99 said...

Congratulations! I know you will do a wonderful job. You are great at what you do. They are thankful to have you I'm sure! (just don't hope they get to used to you since your moving out here to CA this summer ;-) wink wink.....